Monday, August 19, 2013

Indiennne Inspired

I have been stitching on the indienne inspired printed fabric- I really wanted the feel of hand printed blocks as the early indiennne fabrics would have been made but also the texture of the stitching. And quite a lot of stitching has gone into this piece and it is still not quite finished.It is quite different to my normal work so does it have my stamp do you think?


And in today's post a journal for me to play with in preparation for the Mirabelle Trail of France next year with Creative Arts Safaris in September of 2014. If you are interested please contact Fiona through Creative Arts Safaris. The idea is that we will create a journal and workpieces on-line after the tour using the tour as your inspiration.

And last but not least- it is still possible to buy sentinelle panels and join the Sentinelle Project. The  price is $15 plus $2.60 postage and you can embroider them however the fancy takes you. Some of the colours are starting to run out.If you are interested please email me. If you have already  purchased one and would like to join the project please let me know and I will put you on my list.

1 comment:

Elsie Montgomery said...

Nice, Dijanne. Thanks for your creativity.