Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Embroidery and Bower Bird Bower

I have ben making small embroidered brooch pieces these last few days. As i don't really have anywhere to work except what i can carry in my hands. Obviously big pieces are not selling so i thought I would see if little teeny  tiny pieces would sell. Each little hand embroidered piece measures 5 cm square and is entirely hand stitched. They come with a brooch pin and cost $17.00 Aus inclusive of postage.I think I shall call them travellers badges- to be donned by all travellers both in the real and in the imagination! If you would like one please email me.
                                                      The Turquoise brooch is sold
This morning when i got up I found this very close to my caravan door- a bower birds bower.This one belongs to the Satin Bower bird . The male bird builds his dance hall out of twigs and then decorates it with all manner of blue things- whatever he can find and  drag there.The idea is to attract the female bird. Whilst it seems incredibly charming bower birds have become a bit of a nuisance- they are voracious eaters and will destroy vegetable gardens and anything vaguely edible.

And my daughter got accepted in the course she was hoping to get into! Her interviewer thought she might have real flair for fabric design/fashion design......
Here is a photos of a canvas bag she made. Would you buy it?

I am getting very frustrated at not having a home- I feel homeless and whilst I know in reality I will find something eventually and I have places to stay ( I could even live in my shed if I had to but i would rather sell it) , it makes me acutely aware of how really homeless people must feel- not belonging anywhere, not having a place to be creative , having no warm bed or warm meal, having nothing but the street- I can't imagine how alone and futile things must feel.......and the numbers are growing.

5 comments:

chocolatefrog said...

Dijanne, why don't you set up an Etsy shop and make it easier for more people to see and buy your lovely small items? It's working well for me, and I haven't got your blog following.
Sorry about your lack of home, must be extraordinarily difficult.

Monique 78 said...

Life is sometimes very difficult. I'm lucky having a home and my children as well. It's my fears when I watch reports on TV or see some people living in the street. Hope you'll find a solution quickly.

Lauren Leggatt said...

that bag is awesome! i cant believe she made it! i love the little details coming off the bike! :)

posicionamiento google said...

Surely, the guy is totally just.

www.jaen-3d.com said...

Really helpful data, lots of thanks for the post.