Monday, April 20, 2009

Sailing


The last day at the Bay of Islands we spent sailing and looking at dolphins. I had not intended to do this, as we were on a budget , but the water looked beautiful and the thought of sailing was enticing. So what the heck we did and we are glad we did. We went with a company called Sailing & Dolphins and the catamaran was called Carino NZ and was skippered by a woman ( Yay!)We did get a bit of drizzle but we had a wonderful day and we did see dolphins! The beach paraphernalia was from the small beach at Robertson Island, which was the place where Captain Cook landed in New Zealand however the whole region had already been settled by Maori, who were great seafarers.

Today I have to myself apart from having to go into town for banking and posting- what shall I do...........
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Beena said...

Looks beautiful there! Sounds like it was worth it to take the sail.

Kristin L said...

Sometimes budgets just have to be busted -- the experience is far more important. Your dolphin pics are gorgeous! Even the discarded bottle cap is beautiful. :-)

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Gorgeous pictures! What a wonderful thing to get to do.

Judy said...

Hi! Dijanne,

What a ruly wonderful place to go sailing lucky you, money well spent.

Fulvia said...

So glad you got to sail, Dijanne. I particularly like the light seafoam and light gray colors in the photo mosaic above. Thanks!

Deb Lacativa said...

You have finally given me a reason to get a passport and rob a bank to finance foreign travel.

These pictures are how I imagine heaven to be so I try to be a good human being on the off chance I can get in.

thanks!

Julie said...

Beautiful photos Dijanne. The dolphin is fantastic and I love the sea urchin too.

Tracy Markey said...

what great photos of an amazing day - lucky you! i'm going dolphin watching for my birthday next week, so i hope your photos bring me luck :)