Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tales from the Palmyra Road



Forest #1 For Sale $40US inclusive of postage SOLD
Forest#2 For Sale $40 US inclusive of postage

Wow - thank you for all the comments, and I am delighted that some of you find me worthy of reading and looking first thing in the morning! Many thanks. I realise now that I expressed myself rather badly re the Coral Variations- I meant for one each to go to three people- but the way it reads is that someone will get three variations. So I will have to leave it like that! Don't forget if you want to be in the draw to leave a comment ( preferably on the previous post) or you can email me via my profile.

I finally basted the village scene I have shown in white previously. I dyed it and feel the colours came out too dark. ( I may redraw it yet) On the photo it doesn't look too bad. I have started stitching it in silver metallic thread- and under light it looks fine and it sparkles but in daylight it seems flat. Not sure what I will do now- if the gallery has spot lights or down lights it will be fine because it will sparkle but if not it will be rather boring. So to continue or not to continue?
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Joanne in Canada said...

I agree that the dyed colours are too dark and I wouldn't hope for the right lights. But it is too wonderful not to try again. I don't doubt that you could sell the first attempt.

magsramsay said...

I rather like the subtlety ,reminds me of a village at dusk- worth perservering. Perhaps if you had a light coloured thread in the bobbin and adjusted the tension you might get some variation in stitching that show in all lights?

Joanne in Canada said...

I have another idea. Could you discharge it?

Evy said...

I have seen some wonderfull work of you with 2 different threads stitched as one.
Would that be an sollution to this challenche?

Lynette Weir said...

Hello Dijanne, I like the colouring - it is hard in digital form to really assess it - but for what it's worth I feel the stitching needs a little more depth of colour. I don't now anything about what is possible but a deeper tone perhaps under/beside the silver to not only grab the light but also maintain the images in lower light. I do really like the piece though and think it is worth either pursuing some ideas or redoing it - lovely work...

Anonymous said...

Dijanne,

Tales from the Palmyra road,looks full of possibilities!