Friday, November 16, 2007

Tree ferns




The weekend before last we had a deluge of rain which caused the Gellibrand River to rise dramatically. A few days ago when I took my daughter for her driving lesson we went and looked at one of the camping grounds on the river and found this lovely tree fern. I love the fronds as they begin to unfurl- there is something really magical about them.

I tried some more breakdown printing yesterday - this time on silk, and the printing paste was thinner, so it bled more.

Someone asked how I got the rust effect- it really was just the combination of colours- which I painted on the screen and also dripped a layer on which I allowed to run- so I started with golden yellow , turquoise, and a reddish orange, the drips were in black and then I printed with golden yellow dye in the paste.Because I left it outside overnight the blue that is in the black mix bled into the rest of the dye so this was an accident as I forgot to bring the fabric in.

2 comments:

Find Hospitals in your Area said...

I was very fantastic why i not see your blog before i would come back.
Find Doctor Reviews

Find Hospitals in your Area said...

I was very fantastic why i not see your blog before i would come back.

Find Hospitals in your Area