Sunday, November 19, 2006

Lorenzetti Madonna Variations

























































They have all come into blogger out of order. The bottom image is the line drawing I did- the tilt of the head isn't as demure.The darker image on the left is of a mono-print I did of the line drawing. The two images in the centre are a positive lino-cut and a negative lino-cut. I was amazed at how Egyptian the negative cut looked. The top two images are drypoint etching on perspex- one on rice paper( the darker one) where I had not removed enough ink off the plate and the other on arches water colour paper. I think I like the drypoint best- though I need to experiment more with getting the ink off the plate. I also enjoy lino-cutting. Now I can't wait to buy some more perspex. I did try drypoint etching on copperplate, but found it much harder to actually create the lines , i think my tool was not sufficiently sharp. I liked working with the one image because it really allowed me to see the variations and the nuances of the different techniques.

2 comments:

Filambulle said...

VERY interesting. As always, I love your work. Keep going Dijanne.
xoxo from Switzerland (70 countries today)

Claire said...

oh these are wonderful. I love to see the different techniques. (and reminds me I need to order some new linocutting tools).
Cheers
Claire